Technical Architect required for an initial 6 month contract based in London, for a large client in the energy industry.
The Technical Architect will need to facilitate the technical migrations from existing platforms to the new platforms; including stakeholder management, leading the technical implementation and ensuring architecture standards are followed throughout.
Key accountabilities include:
Ensuring smooth migration to standard TFS 2010 platform, agreeing functional and non-functional requirements through to leading technical implementation.
Lead working groups and workshops to define process workflows covering Configuration and Release Management.
Defining source code management and build strategies.
Experience is required in the following:
- Strong experience in software configuration management with Microsoft web-based application development technology
- Strong knowledge and experience using Team Foundation Server 2010 and its capabilities
- Knowledge of the Visual Studio 2010 development environment is essential
- Working understanding and dependencies of the GAC, .Net Assemblies, IIS and the MS .Net framework 3.5 and 4.0 on Windows 2003/2008 x64 Server.
- Experience with scalable, distributed enterprise windows environments.
- Strong working understanding of Windows Server 2003/08 operating system, and its security.
- Strong working understanding of IIS 6.0 and 7.0 web servers and web-farm load balancing operations.
- Experience working with SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Experience working with UNIX and LINUX
- Expert knowledge in developing enterprise solutions using SOA architectural patterns in C# using common .NET framework
- Understanding of Java Enterprise SDLC tools chains
- Scripting experience; PowerShell, WSH, VBScript
- Strong demonstrable experience in system solutions design and development
- Strong Understanding of architectural concepts and design patterns
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
Please send your CV in the first instance