Our client is a major Broadcasting company seeking a Solutions Developer based in Hounslow, west London or Chilworth, Southampton for an initial 3 month contract offering up to £350 per day.
In order to develop real-time monitoring and control solutions for the Broadcast Platform, this role will require the specialist application of a variety of programming techniques and languages using a range of Monitoring & Control (M&C) software packages and hardware tools.
- Use a variety of programming techniques, specialist software and hardware solutions to develop, enhance and implement broadcast platform monitoring and control systems to agreed standards.
- Provide the necessary consultation to Project teams and M&C Solution providers to deliver monitoring and control systems to the required standards.
- Utilise Proficy iFIX process control software and related products for Broadcast Platform Monitoring and Control solutions.
- Provide 2nd line support services relating to M&C software code ensuring all issues are appropriated logged, tracked, resolved and deployed across the Broadcast Platform.
Skills & experience required:
- Awareness of control systems technology and interface protocol standards.
- An understanding of the principles and techniques employed to achieve effective software lifecycle development.
- Understanding of the technical elements of satellite broadcast platforms
- At least 2 years' experience within a systems engineering or programming environment.
- Exposure to development and implementation of SCADA systems.
- Proficy iFIX process control software family.
- Good computer programming skills.
- Good understanding of data acquisition monitoring systems.
- Microsoft Windows OS family
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment.
The role will be made up of 50% project work and 50% support roll out
Please send CV's to Mark.Sidebotham @ Experis.co.uk and suitable candidates will be contacted.