- Designing and implementing a new web app to serve business and retail clients.
- Helping to establish best development practice in the team.
- Identifying bottlenecks in, and profiling of the application codebase.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented PHP.
- Independent problem solving skills, ability to write code that scales well.
- Understanding of how the web works, from HTML to HTTP.
- Flexibility: we're a small team, but we move quickly.
- Embrace agile software engineering practices; TDD, Continuous Integration...
- Experience of MVC web frameworks such as Symfony.
- Comfortable writing xPath expressions.
- Experience with functional testing tools such as Selenium.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser technology issues and how these can be addressed in development.
- A practiced philosophy of Test Driven Development.
- Commercial experience scaling and tuning PHP web applications.
- Experience working on high-volume websites.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Zend Certification advantageous.
- Web services and syndication.
Contract duration: 6 Months initially
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: £450 per day
Suitable candidates should submit their CV's at the first instance, please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted directly.