Experis have a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Project Support Officer to join a large government organisation on an initial 6 month contract.
Working with a Project Manager / Programme Manager you will be responsible for supporting a variety of projects and programmes across the organisation ensuring reporting compliance with project standards, providing financial information and liaising with the Central Programme Office.
With the ability to provide Project Managers with assistance in producing meaningful plans in MS Project you will also possess the ability to develop tracking reports and create project documentation.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Tracking and reporting of programme/project progress and performance.
- Facilitating all aspects of portfolio/ programme/ project meetings, workshops and documentation.
- Providing timely and accurate project financial information and assisting Project and Programme Managers to work proactively within agreed financial targets
- Contribute to reviews and audits of project and programme management to ensure conformance to standards.
- Using and recommending project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking projects
- Being involved in aspects of supporting a programme by providing a cross programme view on risk, change, quality, and finance or configuration management.
- Providing advice on the development, production and maintenance of business cases; time, resource, cost and exception plans, and the use of related software tools
- Providing general office support to the Quality and Resource Manager, and Project Centre Manager.
Essential Skills & Experience Required
* Experience of working in a formal project management environment
* Good understanding of a typical project lifecycle
* Experience with project management methodologies, disciplines and tools such as Prince 2
* Experience of project financial accounting, reporting and forecasting
* Good communication and presentation skills
* Proficiency in MS Project 2003/7 and ability to set up and maintain project plans
* Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
* Good organisation skills and a high level of customer focus / Stakeholder Management expertise