A Well Engineering Application Support Analyst is required to undertake a contract vacancy for an Oil and Gas market leader based in Reading.
- application support for Well Engineering and Operations, E&P applications which include Wedm, EDM, Well Master, Iwit, Wellview, Control of Works and management of the support process of complimentary applications within this sphere.
- Provision of assurance and support to the local and global E&P applications.
- Liaise and maintain relationships with local asset based support, and related areas of Global IT (e.g. infrastructure, architecture, project teams, service introduction) inclusive of 3rd party outsourced service providers, that impact the service line to ensure the ongoing quality of E&P Application support.
- Provision of end to end operational support for the E&P IT Applications Management for Well Engineering Service Line applications/systems within Global IT.
- Safeguarding the end to end process to maintain all applications/systems within the E&P service line.
- Managing projects and their introduction into support whilst adopting the role as the point of contact for E&P IT Applications management team during Operational Acceptance Testing and Integration Acceptance Testing.
- Understand and adhere to Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management processes and standards in alignment to the E&P IT Applications team management internal processes.
- Support customers on complex technical issues escalated from the helpdesk to resolution.
- Develop and maintain engagement with local and global user community to understand the needs for Well Engineering applications and systems.
- Proactive monitoring of the Well Engineering Service line Applications, including continuous enhancement of the surveillance tools and techniques.
- Develop system support documentation, effective skills-transfer and communication with the various support teams.
- Develop and document an understanding of user community for Well Engineering.
- Undertake an application mapping exercise for the Well Engineering Service line.
- Undertake and develop service line performance reporting and analysis.
- Develop and maintain Run-books for all Well Engineering related Applications.
- Review all changes and releases planned within the E&P IT domain.
- Undertake continual process improvement within the service line.
- Help develop application management processes for the E&P IT Systems in general.
Skills and experience
The critical experiences that are needed to successfully perform this job include:
- Experience in a multi-user, multi- asset environment experiencing significant change and growth.
- Broad knowledge in the particular applications that the individual is designated to support combined with a broad generic IT&T background in both the deployment and support of integrated E&P business systems.
- Strong production customer focus, background in IT systems and systems integration, project management, broad technical IT awareness across database, network, servers and desktop environments with specialised application and business knowledge in exploration and production IT (within Oil and Gas - desirable)
- Understanding of Control and Instrumentation networks and the IT operations/support activates required as an enabler for successful operations.
- Domain knowledge of Landmark Application Suits, E.g. EDM 5000.
- Domain knowledge of Application Used within the Well Engineering Domain.
- Strong analytical skills, responds promptly to client needs and solicits feedback to improve service.
- Previous experience troubleshooting application-related problems.
- Process improvement and measurement skills, effective collation of credible data for management reporting purposes.
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities, display a willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, including the solicitation of appropriate resources to compliment the decision-making process.
- Interpersonal, presentational, communication skills and ability to multi-task in a busy multi-asset environment.
- 5 to 10 years experience in Oil & Gas Production operations
- Oil and Gas Production operations domain expertise and the applications used by the domain to support its business processes.
- Knowledge of information systems concepts and terminology within an oil and gas environment.
- Domain knowledge of Well Engineering Data Management Systems, which includes a variety of data aggregation methodologies.
- Experience of VBA / .Net software development.
Please forward suitable CVs in the first instance or Contact Paul Wright on 0161 924 3924 for more information.