Our client requires a Network engineer based in Aberdeen.
Supply of Senior network engineers for hands-on roles encompassing network design, installation, commissioning and support
The primary focus of the roles is to provide :-
- Design and implementation of new network infrastructure within the clients campus environments to HP Quality Management System standards and to actively peer review work proposed by other engineers
Predominately in-depth technical roles, they require a good understanding of project management methodology and excellent documentation skills.
- Testing, installing and commissioning small/medium Cisco LANs in client Campus and Off shore environments
- Configuration of Cisco Catalyst 6500 range of switches, using both Cisco IOS and CatOS in a 99.999% availability environment
- Design Cisco LANs in a high pressure environment to perform at 99.999% availability
- Troubleshoot Cisco LAN problems in a TCP/IP environment where both OSPF, MPLS and BGP routing protocols are configured
- Work within a highly process-driven ITIL compliant environment with a full understanding of client & HP Change & Release Management systems, client Configuration Management Database, client & HP Incident & Problem Management process etc.
- Lead technical discussions with Customer architects, managers, suppliers and other teams
- Work directly to customer employed and HP project mangers using client's and HP Project Management processes
- Be self-motivated and be prepared to work either completely independently or as a member of a highly organised team depending upon exact project assignment
- Produce excellent written communication skills
- Good customer facing skills
Valid off shore survival certificate essential
Please forward C.Vs in the first instance.