Our client is currently recruiting for a Linux Manager to join their team in Hammersmith, London initially on a 3 month contract
The successful candidate will be running the Linux platforms throughout our client for both the corporate and web facing facets of the business. This role is responsible for running virtulisation platforms, operating systems, infrastructure applications (DNS, NTP, etc) and Linux specific orchestration with a strong focus on day to day operations and task management.
The successful candidate will input into strategy, and be responsible for delivery and support of the PAAS approach along with the financial aspects of the Linux services function.
Skills and Experience
- A technical operational background focussed around Linux is essential
- A demonstrable focus on collaboration and support of a Linux estate
- A good understanding of applications and their demands and requirements on the Linux platform (specifically Java and Web facing applications)
- The ability to challenge the status quo and influence stakeholders, peers and subordinates
- An absolute focus on customer experience
- Good verbal and written skills as well as presentation skills
- Solid stakeholder management, and demonstrable experience in being able to "manage the message" to demanding customers
- Leadership qualities, including the ability to manage and motivate an existing function to exceptional levels for performance and customer care
- Good financial management, with demonstrable experience in understanding the impacts of technical and operational decisions on the P&L.
- The ability to research, select and justify the integration of new technologies within the organisation
Applicants should submit their CV's at the first available time