Lead Java Web Developer/ Team Manager - B2C
Salary: £66,000 + benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to a website which has a positive impact on people's lives, lead a team of highly-skilled developers using cutting edge technology and methodologies such as Continuous Deployment, and have your work seen by millions of people.
We are looking for a skilled hands-on Lead Java Web Developer/Team Manager to work closely with our product and design teams to continue the build-out of a Rails-based public information website. The role will include extending the site with rich functionality such as decision trees, calculators, and building out APIs to enable third party integrations.
You will also provide engineering leadership to ensure great architecture, design, and implementation, will perform line management of the other developers and set an example to the team. You will also co-ordinate other vendors such as the webhost and CRM consultancy.
- Extremely strong skills in either Java or Ruby.
- Experience with complex software projects and keeping a large codebase well factored.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Engagement with the open source community, eg code contributions.
- As we follow devops principles, knowledge of tools such as Puppet or Chef is highly desirable.
- For non-Ruby applicants some experience with a modern language/framework such as Groovy, Scala, Node.js, Clojure or Roo is highly desirable.
You must be a passionate advocate of XP practices such as pair programming, test-driven development, continuous integration and collective code ownership. You must enjoy working as part of a team and willing to pitch in with other roles where required.
If you feel you possess the requisite knowledge and skills, please contact Chih Cheung on 01132204496 or send your CV . Suitable candidates who meet the minimum criteria will then be contacted with further information.