Exciting opportunities have arisen within one of the world's largest Aerospace companies for Lead Electronics Design and Development Engineers.
Successful candidates will be technical role models, providing guidance and leadership to teams developing state-of-the-art avionics products and systems for civil and military aircraft across the world.
This is an opportunity to establish a career in a growth sector at a multinational company which is passionate about staff development and invests in the future careers of its employees. You would be based at one of the company's principal UK sites in Gloucestershire
Role and activities
- You will be responsible for through life development of electronic products covering design, analysis and evaluation using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards and product / program requirements;
- Provide technical leadership to the engineering team;
- Communicate significant issues in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Integrate and verify electronic products and modules;
- Provide technical advice to internal and external customers;
- Coach and mentor junior engineers;
- Diagnose and fix issues in new and existing designs;
- Support products through qualification and into production
- Review and generate technical documentation consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 2.2 Bachelors degree in Electronic Engineering or a related subject or equivalent level of experience;
- Demonstrable experience within an engineering leadership position;
- A strong technical aptitude in High Speed Digital schematic and PCB design;
- A strong technical aptitude in FPGA design and verification;
- Able to clearly formulate and communicate complex and abstract design concepts;
- Committed to deliver products on schedule under pressure;
- Able to work effectively in a team environment;
- The confidence, flexibility and risk management skills to develop new approaches and solutions.
- Used to working within a recognised quality system;
- Having the organisational skills to deliver to budget and schedule with minimal supervision.
- Willing to travel internationally occasionally.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Experience of aircraft certification requirements for complex hardware (DO-254);
- Experience of environmental testing of products to DO-160;
- Technical proposal writing;
- Thorough appreciation of safety and reliability concepts;
- Able to advise and coach in a constructive way;
- Understanding of design for manufacturing;
- Experience of aircraft interfacing.