In Service Engineer works closely with Customers, Manufacturing Engineering, Lab, Assembly / Test, Inspection, Quality Assurance, and suppliers as required regarding engineering drawing and specification requirements with the intent of resolving technical problems and affecting improvements to increase productivity or resolve customer, supplier, and shop concerns.
- Evaluate and disposition hardware discrepancies on a daily basis with respect to drawing and specification requirements, including processing
- Leads efforts to establish and implement long-term corrective actions to recurring in house discrepancies
- Provide assistance to Quality for the purpose of customer returned goods failure analyses as well as in house component failure analysis (This effort includes support to inspection and test in determination of root cause as well as documenting and leading corrective actions and implementation activities)
- Provide assistance to Customer Service for all airline and other user / customer reported problems
- - Provide "lessons learned" inputs to new programs entering the design process
- Work with Design / Project Engineers and technical publications sources to assure completion of necessary changes in data to close corrective actions
- Report and present data and findings to management, customers, etc
- Strong problem solving ability
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline (or qualified to an equivalent level)
- Prior experience in an Aerospace Engineering position, preferably working on sustaining activities
- Knowledge of mechanical components, processing, precision machining, castings, forgings, military and industry standards
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems
- Working knowledge of aircraft hydraulic and actuation components
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Flexible approach and attitude and ability to switch between tasks
- PC proficiency
* Good Opportunities for Career Development, Regular Reviews and Career Planning.
* Share Option Scheme/ Flexible Benefits
* Good Location and Working Environment.
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment