A leading global provider of critical information to decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organisation is seeking a Management Systems Engineer.
As part of the Management Systems Design & Development team you will drive the design, development and support of HPOO based solutions that are engineered, tested and documented to facilitate and improve the automation and orchestration service for IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service). It's an exciting position for a senior developer interested in taking the HPOO service within the organization to the next level by delivering world class solutions to key business requirements.
- Assist in several concurrent Management Systems Development projects to deliver new designs and solutions to customer requirements.
- Run RFI, RFP, POC initiatives with third parties and recommend the future direction for system automation.
- Assist in providing 3rd level support and developing new solutions for HPOO
- Provide technical support and leadership on HPOO service issues that have been escalated to the development group.
- Work with Release and QA management to schedule new enhancements to the HPOO service.
REQUIRED Skills and Experience:
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent.
- Extensive proven experience in a large organisation with design, development and support on HPOO
- Familiarity with UNIX, Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Extensive proven experience with Shell and Perl scripts
- Familiarity with other management systems tools and services in particular event monitoring and display.
- A good practical understanding of Application & Web-based application development life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of application performance monitoring and tuning.
- Solid understanding of computing architectures.
- Understanding of modern IT production Datacenter and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards; capacity/performance management and the fundamentals of ITIL.
- motivated, customer focused, energetic, dedicated, driven, tenacious, achiever, well presented, able to communicate effectively at all levels
PREFERRED Skills and Experience:
- IBM Netcool Omnibus and associated technologies
- SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle databases.