My client is the Global leader is medical diagnostic equipment and due to expansion and a new business they are seeking a part qualified Financial Accountant with at least 3 years relevant experience, including:
Experience working in a dynamic global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows.
VAT experience, with knowledge of local VAT requirements (Preferred, but not required)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate and communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner.
Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers generate alternatives and drive positive change.
Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas.
Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others.
Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills.
Experience working in a matrixed environment with critical deadlines.
Exposure to a large scale ERP system, demonstrating affinity to IT systems (including all Microsoft applications)
The role will be based at their HQ in Amersham and will run for a period of 6 - 12 months. They are seeking a candidate who is immediatly available and who can committ to the period of the contract.
Duties will include:
- Drive a number of close processes for multiple entities, calculating and booking journals as required to reflect financial activities (may include some or all of: accruals, fixed assets, stock/inventory, accounts receivables, accounts payables, tax, loan and cash pool entries) to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Prepare quality defect-free account reconciliations for monthly and quarterly cycles.
- Manage and take ownership of key balance sheet areas: Investments / Loans / Intercompany / Equity.
- Liaise closely with commercial teams, as well as provide P&L analysis for multi entities, including understanding of product sales/ commercial initiatives/ base cost drivers.
- Participate in regular finance reviews, providing value added analytics to mitigate financial risk and provide management with decision-making information.
- Liaise closely with the tax and treasury department, to mitigate financial risk end ensure compliant reporting.
- Review and reconcile the VAT return, working closely with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Logistics and the VAT department to ensure compliance with local laws, tax codes, Government regulations and filing requirements.
- Identify potential risks and opportunities and communicate effectively by writing reports and technical papers to present a workable solution.
- Provide accurate and timely statutory & management reporting across the audit process for KPMG
- Partner with numerous business finance functions to align controllership initiatives and priorities to ensure controllership deadlines are met.
- Participate in controllership initiatives and internal and external projects, including implementation of Business/Company policies.
- Key user on SAP platform, involving management & training of new & existing SAP users, cost centre set up and mapping for management reporting.
If you are interested and immediatly available to start please contact Andli on 07515324689. Interviews will take place Thursday/Friday of next week.