An opportunity has arisen within the Software/Systems team of a large Aerospace company for an Embedded Systems engineer. You will be familiar with the development lifecycle and will help in the creation of new avionic products.
- Capturing, understanding and documenting the customer's system requirements
- Creating system designs which specify control, display, monitoring and built in test functions for implementation in electronic hardware and software
- Creating and performing systems tests
You may also be required to:
- Design avionic systems architectures in co-operation with aircraft manufacturers
- Create model-based designs using state-of-the-art computer aided systems and software engineering tools
- Perform avionic system analysis, modelling and simulation
- Perform system safety analysis, including hazard assessment and fault tree analysis
- Develop requirements for systems test facilities
- Define aircraft installation requirements for avionics.
The following is essential for this role:
- Previous experience in an embedded systems development environment.
- Use of DOORS
- Experience of creating system designs, for implementation in hardware and software.
- An understanding of embedded software and / or hardware engineering.
- Experience of the systems design lifecycle within aerospace or a similar industry.
The following experience is desirable:
- In-depth product knowledge of avionic systems.
- DO17 8B/DO254 Experience.
- HMI/MMI development knowledge
- Civil certification experience