Decision Support Manager - Insurance
To be a business partner to the Motor business providing financial support and challenge. To support the decision making process and ensure that the business decisions are targeted to deliver long term value maximisation and are in line with the strategic priorities.
Strong Commercial awareness
Understanding of Insurance Business management
Excellent stakeholder management skills
Strong numerical capability -CIMA/ACCA preferred
· Coordination and production of the budget and forecast processes for the Motor business including overall review of the Own Brands Category and production of relevant storyboards. The business budgets and forecast should be a financial representation of the business strategies and plans for long term value maximisation.
· Monthly financial review of the business performance including support in the production of a financial report to Motor Executive and provision of financial analysis and commentary for the Motor category board report.
· Review of investment appraisals and cost & benefits tracking produced within Motor team for strategic investment proposals and to support the production of the business case for the investment proposals through provision of financial analysis and commentary and any relevant challenge of business assumptions.
· Play an active role in the pricing committees and business team meetings across the Motor category sharing best practice and ensuring consistent achievements across the brands, to ensure that business decisions are targeted to deliver long term value maximisation.
· Support and develop team in order to provide accurate and robust financial analysis to the Motor Category to ensure the decision making process is based on sound financial assessment and that decisions are targeted to deliver long term value maximisation.
· Providing review and analysis of the weekly / monthly KPI performance to ensure the business is on track to deliver it's objectives.
· Identification and where possible resolution of key business risks and issues.
· To build and maintain a strong team to support the Motor category. Ensuring a healthy team ethos is maintained.
· To provide relevant and adequate development opportunities for team to help them develop themselves for their future and provide succession planning within the team and across the Decisions Support community.
To share best practice across the Decision Support community to ensure the function as a whole develops it's abilities and qualities.