Experis, the specialist IT resource management arm of the Manpower Group, is looking to recruit a trainee recruitment consultant to join a leading IT recruitment team based in its exclusive new flagship head office in Farringdon, Central London.
This post holder will be responsible for opening new accounts and developing existing clients in line with sales targets set.
Business Development Activities
- Canvassing current Client companies for updates on new and existing business.
- Canvassing potential Clients for new business.
Record Keeping and Administration
- Recording details of new Clients on the database and ensuring that any client/vacancy requirements are adequately recorded.
- Maintaining Client and Applicant records to the standards laid down by the Employment Agencies Act, the Quality Management System and the Experis Client and Contractor administration process manual.
- Marking-up CV's.
- Preparing advertising copy as directed by Managers and contributing to overall marketing strategy as required.
Interview and Placement Activities
- Planning the screening, search and selection process and monitoring its effective implementation and conclusion.
- Executes in depth selection of Applicants based upon CV telephone screening and/or face-to-face interview.
- Ability to test and assess competencies in technical vertical as well as candidate behaviours
- Ensuring that a suitable match is made between the Applicant and the vacancy requirement.
- Taking up references for applicants where necessary or as requested by the Client.
- Preparing CVs for presentation to Client and ensuring quality levels are sufficient for Client inspection.
- Recording details of the recruitment process i.e. CVs sent, interviews arranged, vacancy requirements and placements.
- Preparing Applicants for interview, setting up interviews on behalf of clients as requested and co-ordinating recruitment progress with Client and Applicant.
- Arranging for Applicant placements and co-ordinating and arranging follow-up activity with all Applicants placed.
- Answering incoming telephone calls and ensuring full details are taken from all Applicants.
Skills, knowledge and attributes
- Must have previous contract recruitment experience, preferably in IT.
- Must possess the confidence and knowledge to conduct and lead client meetings and to present Experis to clients.
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with Clients, Contractors and Colleagues.
- Must be able to influence and have impact
- Must be proficient in all aspects of sales process - telephone prospecting, visits, presentations and negotiation (financial and contractual).
- Ability to plan/manage own time effectively.
- Achievement Orientation - Must have the initiative, drive and ambition to succeed and meet/exceed targets.
- Resilient and tough minded with a positive approach.
- Must be prepared to work some unsociable hours to achieve objectives.
- Contemporary recruiting - leverage fresh and innovative practices to source great talent, and match them to the right opportunities.
- Understand human potential- knowing people's motivations, strengths and where they need to develop is critical to helping them succeed.
- Engaging and authentic - easily and effectively engages people, drawing them into our network, uses strong communication skills to build and maintain trusting relationships.
- Brilliant feedback - making every piece of feedback timely, caring and insightful.
- Great connector - being able to see and create connections and possibilities for candidates, clients, and ourselves.
- Organised and efficient - able to balance multiple priorities, plans and structures time to efficiently and effectively meet performance objectives
- Be candidate first. We want great talent to choose us. Our promise to candidates is clear - we help accelerate their personal success. What is important to our candidates is important to us, because their success leads to our success.
- Be real. We believe that every candidate deserves to be in the know. We are straight and upfront with candidates because we respect them and want to create strong trusting relationships.
- Be looking for what's next. We understand that what we do for our candidates today, gives us the chance to help them tomorrow. Our candidates' careers are important to them; we help them now at the same time we are looking out for their next opportunity.
- Be an expert. We continually deepen our knowledge of trends, markets, industries and people. We give our candidates access to our knowledge, insights and networks. In turn they build our networks and knowledge.