Assistant Project Manager required with our client in Nailsea, a world leading Oil and Gas Company.
The Assistant Project Manager shall provide support the Project Manager in the delivery of one or more assigned projects, in accordance with the time and budget related goals set by the project Manager. The Asst project Managers focus will be primarily internal. However, as Customer contact is to be expected, the Asst Project Manager shall develop and maintain a good working relationship with the Customer and their representatives.
The Asst Project Manager will normally be responsible for leading a specific element or task within a larger project and will therefore lead the internal D&PS project team in support of achieving these goals, ensuring all relevant D&PS procedures and processes are followed.
Where appropriate, the Asst Project Manager may be required to support ongoing Business Development activities and provide support to the D&PS tendering process.
* Participate in the Contract Review process, assisting the translation of the agreed Ts and Cs into project/sales orders.
* Effectively communicate the delegated Project Goals and Objectives as defined by the Project Manager. Provide leadership to the task/project team in order to meet all assigned programme and financial targets, meeting (or exceeding) margin forecasts.
* Support the development of an effective Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental culture. Assist in the Identification and recording all QA and EHS, Technical and Commercial risks facing the project.. Support the development of mitigation plans, their implementation and monitoring.
* Support the Project Accountant and Project Planner in the preparation of the Project Status Reports and internal/Customer progress reports. Support the Project Administrator regarding sales order maintenance, particularly with regard to Variation Order tracking and management of change (see 5 below)
* Throughout the project execution phase, effectively manage internal Variation Orders, including their internal price clearance, submission and negotiation, implementation and tracking. Consider schedule, safety and environmental impacts of all changes (in addition to cost) and maximise opportunities for margin growth through the change process. Ensure all agreed Variation Orders are correctly reflected in the Sales Order.
* Comply with the Company and/or project specific procedures for reporting progress and issues in order to satisfy Customer and Company requirements.
* Deputise for the Project Manager as and when required.
Skills and experience
Support sourcing to expedite procurement activities and drive engineering progress to meet project deadlines.
* Degree in Engineering or Business discipline.
* Oil and Gas or other relevant industry experience.
* Previous experience at Project Engineering/Management level.
* Exposure to high capital value projects in a multi-disciplined environment.